A companion to the literature of German Expressionism / edited by Neil H. Donahue
- Rochester, N.Y. : Camden House, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 373 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Donahue, Neil H.
- Studies in German literature, linguistics, and culture
- Metaphysical mimesis: Nietzsche's Geburt der Tragödie and the aesthetics of literary expressionism / Richard T. Gray -- The prose of German expressionism / Walter H. Sokel -- Prosaic intensities: the short prose of German Expressionism / Rhys W. Williams -- The cutting edge of German Expressionism: the woodcut novel of Frans Masereel and its influences / Perry Willett -- Menschheitsdämmerung: the aging of a canon / Francis Michael Sharp -- Choric consciousness in Expressionist poetry: Ernst Stadler, Else Lasker-Schüler, Georg Heym, Georg Trakl, Gottfried Benn / James Rolleston -- Performing the poem: rituals of activism in Expressionist poetry / Klaus Weissenberger -- Provocation and proclamation, vision and imagery: Expressionist drama between German idealism and modernity / Ernst Schürer -- The spirit of Expressionism ex machina: the staging of technology in Expressionist drama / Christa Spreizer -- Intimate strangers: women in German Expressionism / Barbara D. Wright -- Expressionism and cinema: reflections on a phantasmagoria of film history / Sabine Hake.
- 1571131752 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -356) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3018898