Reforming punishment : psychological limits to the pains of imprisonment / Craig Haney
- Haney, Craig
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 386 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- The law and public policy
- Introduction: Humane values, psychology, and the pains of imprisonment -- Human nature and the history of imprisonment -- Spreading pain : the punitive state and the state of the prisons -- Attribution error as crime control and prison polict -- Context matters : social history -- Surviving the social context of prison -- overcrowding and the situational pathologies of prison -- Special needs prisoners in extremis -- Prison law and the disregard of context -- Limiting prison pain : a psychologically informed corrections agenda -- Toward a rational prison policy.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 3019220