No boundaries : University of Illinois vignettes / edited by Lillian Hoddeson ; preface by Richard H. Herman
- Urbana : University of Illinois Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xx, 339 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Hoddeson, Lillian
- Introduction : work, place, and workplaces at the University of Illinois / Lillian Hoddeson -- Nathan Clifford Ricker : establishing architecture at the University of Illinois / Paul Kruty -- Katharine L. Sharp and the creation of the University library / Donald Krummel -- Isabel Bevier and home economics / Paula A. Treichler -- Stephen A. Forbes : the intricate interrelations of living things / Richard W. Burkhardt, Jr., and Daniel W. Schneider -- William Abbott Oldfather : making the classics relevant to modern life / Winton U. Solberg -- American literature in the cornfields : Stuart Pratt Sherman and J. Kerker Quinn / Bruce Michelson -- Lincoln, the Civil War, and Professor James G. Randall / Robert W. Johannsen -- Florence Bell Robinson and Stanley Hart White : creating a pioneering school of landscape architecture / Natalie Alpert and Gary Kesler ; edited by Dianne Harris -- Roger Adams : linking university science with policy on the world stage / Ronald E. Doel -- Nathan M. Newmark : a model of engineering creativity / William J. Hall -- Robert C. Zuppke : the performing art of football coaching / Maynard Brichford -- Robert Emerson and Eugene Rabinowitch : understanding photosynthesis / Govindjee -- Oscar Lewis and the anthropology of poverty / Susan M. Rigdon -- Charles Osgood : the psychology of language / William F. Brewer -- The ILLIACs and the rise to prominence in computer science / Sylvian R. Ray -- John Bardeen : a place to win two Nobel prizes and make a hole in one / Lillian Hoddeson -- Julian Simon : the economics of population / Rita J. Simon -- Ralph Early Grim : the search for industrial minerals in the Ivory Coast / Albert V. Carozzi -- Lejaren Hiller : early experiments in computer and electronic music / James Bohn -- Celebrating art : from plaster casts to contemporary American art festivals / Muriel Scheinman -- William Warfield : creating home for students at Illinois / Ollie Watts Davis.
- 0252029577 (cloth : alk. paper)
0252072030 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3020045