Handbook of aging and the social sciences / editors Robert H. Binstock and Linda K. George ; associate editors Stephen J. Cutler, Jon Hendricks, and James H. Schulz
- Additional Titles:
- Aging and the social sciences
- Amserdam ; Boston : Academic Press, an imprint of Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- 6th ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxv, 514 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Binstock, Robert H.
George, Linda K.
Cutler, Stephen J.
Schulz, James H.
- Handbooks of Aging
- Aging and the life course / Richard A. Settersten, Jr. -- Modeling the effects of time: integrating demographic and developmental perspectives / Duane F. Alwin, Scott M. Hofer, and Ryan J. McCammon -- Morbidity, disability, and mortality / Kennneth C. Land and Yang Yang -- Old age through the lens of family history / Carole Haber -- Internal and international migration / Charles F. Longino, Jr., and Don E. Bradley -- Diversity and aging in the United States / Ronald J. Angel and Jacqueline L. Angel -- Social networks and health / Jennifer L. Moren-Cross and Nan Lin -- Converging divergences in age, gender, health, and well being: strategic selection in the third age / Phyllis Moen and Donna Spencer -- Stratification and the life course: life course capital, life course risks, and social inequality / Angela M. O'Rand -- Intergenerational family transfers in social context / Merril Silverstein -- Social relationships in late life / Neal Krause -- Older workers / Melissa Hardy -- Economic status of the aged / Karen Holden and Charles Hatcher -- Health and aging / Kenneth F. Ferraro -- Technological change and aging / Stephen J. Cutler -- Religion and aging / Ellen Idler -- Lifestyle and aging / Jon Hendricks and Laurie Russell Hatch -- Perceived quality of life / Linda K. George -- Aging and politics: an international perspective / Alan Walker -- Economic security in retirement: reshaping the public private pension mix / James H. Schulz and Allan Borowski -- Organization and financing of health care / Marilyn Moon -- Emerging issues in long-term care / Robyn I. Stone -- Aging and the Law / Marshall B. Kapp -- Anti-aging medicine and science: social implications / Robert H. Binstock, Jennifer R. Fishman, and Thomas E. Johnson -- Aging and justice / Martin Kohli.
- 0120883880 (alk. paper)
9780120883882 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 3021319