State constitutions for the twenty-first century
- Albany, N.Y. : State University of New York Press, [2006-]
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Tarr, G. Alan (George Alan), Williams, Robert F. (Robert Forrest), 1945-, and Grad, Frank P.
- v. 1. Constitutional revision in Florida : planning, politics, policy, and publicity / Rebecca Mae Salokar -- Constitutional revision in California : the triumph of amendment over revision / Bruce E. Cain -- Adopting a new constitution : lessons from Virginia / A.E. Dick Howard -- Constitutional reform in Alabama : long time in coming / H. Bailey Thomson -- The mandatory constitutional convention question referendum : the New York experience in national context / Gerald Benjamin -- Direct democracy and constitutional reform : campaign finance initiatives in Colorado / Anne G. Campbell., v. 2. Reflection and restraint in state constitutional amendment and revision -- The state constitution : form and function -- Unique issues in drafting state constitutions -- Some implications of state constitutional amendment for the drafter -- Judicial doctrines of interpretation affecting drafters of state constitutional provisions., and v. 3. Rights / Robert F. Williams -- The legislative branch / Michael E. Libonati -- The executive branch / Thad Beyle -- The judicial branch / G. Alan Tarr -- Local government / Michael E. Libonati -- Voting and elections / James A. Gardner -- Constitutional amendment and revision / Gerald Benjamin -- State and local finance / Richard Briffault -- Education / Paul L. Tractenberg -- The environment and natural resources / Barton H. Thompson, Jr.
- 0791466132 (v. 1)
0791466477 (v. 2)
0791467112 (v. 3)
- Related Titles:
- Agenda of state constitutional reform
Drafting state constitutions, revisions, and amendments
Politics of state constitutional reform
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3021333