Visual cultures of science : rethinking representational practices in knowledge building and science communication / edited by Luc Pauwels
- Hanover, N.H. : Dartmouth College Press : University Press of New England, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xix, 299 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Pauwels, L. (Luc)
- Interfaces, studies in visual culture
- A theoretical framework for assessing visual representational practices in knowledge building and science communications / Luc Pauwels -- The production of scientific images : vision and re-vision in the history, philosophy, and sociology of science / Michael Lynch -- Representing or mediating : a history and philosophy of X-ray images in medicine / Bernike Pasveer -- The accursed part of scientific iconography / Francesco Panese -- Images of science in the classroom : wall charts and science education, 1850/1920 / Massimiano Bucchi -- Representing moving cultures : expression, multivocality, and reflexivity in anthropological and sociological filmmaking / Luc Pauwels -- Arguing with images : Pauling's theory of antibody formation / Alberto Cambrosio, Daniel Jacobi, and Peter Keating -- Discipline and the material form of images : an analysis of scientific visibility / Michael Lynch -- Edward Tufte and the promise of a visual social science / John Grady -- Making science visible : visual literacy in science communication / Jean Trumbo.
- 1584655119 (cloth : alk. paper) and 1584655127 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3023211