Museums at the forefront of the history and philosophy of geology [electronic resource] : history made, history in the making / edited by Gary D. Rosenberg, Renee M. Clary
- Boulder, Colorado : The Geological Society of America, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 348 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Rosenberg, Gary D., Clary, R. M. (Renee M.), and Geological Society of America
- Special paper ; 535
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "Natural history museums have progressively improved public engagement through immersive exhibits, participation in field expeditions, and research using museum holdings. This volume samples the story of museum development and illustrates that the historical successes of natural history museums have positioned them to be preeminent facilitators of science literacy well into the future"-- and Information on museum activities around the world.
- 9780813725352 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 30271192