Research as development [electronic resource] : biomedical research, ethics, and collaboration in Sri Lanka / by Salla Sariola and Bob Simpson
- Sariola, Salla
- Ithaca : Cornell University Press, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Simpson, Bob, 1956-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- International collaborative research in biomedicine : a form of development? -- Collaboration in context -- The joint pain trial -- The paraquat poisoning trial -- Localising ethics -- Negotiating collaborative research -- Precarious ethics -- Strategic ethics -- Research as development : unintended consequences.
- "Shows how international biomedical researchers in Sri Lanka work across cultural, epistemic, economic, and power differences to accomplish clinical trials"--
- 9781501733611 (e-book pdf)
9781501733628 (e-book epub/mobi)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 30272504