Harrison's principles of internal medicine / editors, J. Larry Jameson, Dennis L. Kasper, Dan L. Longo, Anthony S. Fauci, Stephen L. Hauser, Joseph Loscalzo
- Additional Titles:
- Principles of internal medicine
- New York : McGraw-Hill Education, 
- 20th edition.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes (xli, 3528, I-214 pages) : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Jameson, J. Larry, Kasper, Dennis L., Longo, Dan L. (Dan Louis), 1949-, Fauci, Anthony S., 1940-, Hauser, Stephen L., and Loscalzo, Joseph
- pt. 1: The profession of medicine -- pt. 2: Cardinal manifestations and presentation of diseases -- pt. 3: Pharmacology -- pt. 4: Oncology and hematology -- pt. 5: Infectious diseases -- pt. 6: Disorders of the cardiovascular system -- pt. 7: Disorders of the respiratory system -- pt. 8: Critical care medicine -- pt. 9: Disorders of the kidney and urinary tract -- pt. 10: Disorders of the gastrointestinal system -- pt. 11: Immune-mediated, inflammatory, and rheumatologic disorders -- pt. 12: Endocrinology and metabolism -- pt. 13: Neurologic disorders -- pt. 14: Poisoning, drug overdose, and envenomation -- pt. 15: Disorders associated with environmental exposures -- pt. 16: Genes, the environment, and disease -- pt. 17: Global medicine -- pt. 18: Aging -- pt. 19: Consultative medicine -- pt. 20: Frontiers -- Video collection -- Supplementary topics -- Atlases.
- "Harrison's is intended for learners throughout their careers. For students, Part 1, Chapter 1 begins with an overview of "The Practice of Medicine". In this introductory chapter, the editors continue the tradition of orienting clinicians to the science and the art of medicine, emphasizing the values of our profession while incorporating new advances in technology, science, and clinical care. Part 2, "Cardinal Manifestations and Presentation of Diseases" is a signature feature of Harrison's. These chapters eloquently describe how patients present with common clinical conditions, such as headache, fever, cough, palpitations, or anemia, and provide an overview of typical symptoms, physical findings, and differential diagnosis. Mastery of these topics prepares students for subsequent chapters on specific diseases they will encounter in courses on pathophysiology and in clinical clerkships"--
- 9781259644030 (hardcover 2 volume set), 1259644030 (hardcover 2 volume set), 9781259643996 (hardcover volume 1), 1259643999 (hardcover volume 1), 9781259644016 (hardcover volume 2), 1259644014 (hardcover volume 2), 9781259644023 (electronic book), 1259644022 (electronic book), 9781259644047 (set ebook), and 9781259644009 (v. 1 ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 30277881