Environmental corrections : a new paradigm for supervising offenders in the community / Lacey Schaefer, Francis T. Cullen, John E. Eck
- Schaefer, Lacey
- Los Angeles, CA : SAGE Publications, Inc, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (204 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Cullen, Francis T. and Eck, John E.
- SAGE Knowledge: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- A new paradigm for supervising offenders in the community Environmental Corrections is an innovative guide filled with rich insights and strategies for probation and parole officers to effectively integrate offenders back into the community and reduce recidivism. Authors Lacey Schaefer, Francis T. Cullen, and John E. Eck move beyond traditional models for interventions and build directly on the applied focus of environmental criminology theories. Using this approach, the authors answer the question of what officers can do to decrease opportunities for an offender to commit a crime. Readers will learn how to recognize and assess specific criminal opportunities in an offender's past and gain the tools and strategies they need to design an individualized supervision plan that channels offenders away from these criminogenic situations.
- 9781071801260 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 30278359