Scythe / Neal Shusterman
- Shusterman, Neal
- New York : Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (433 pages).
- Arc of a scythe
- Intro; Dedication; Acknowledgments; Part One: Robe and Ring; Chapter 1: No Dimming of the Sun; Chapter 2: .303 %; Chapter 3: The Force of Destiny; Chapter 4: Learner's Permit to Kill; Chapter 5: "But I'm Only Ninety-Six . . ."; Part Two: No Laws Beyond These; Chapter 6: An Elegy of Scythes; Chapter 7: Killcraft; Chapter 8: A Matter of Choice; Chapter 9: Esme; Chapter 10: Forbidden Responses; Chapter 11: Indiscretions; Chapter 12: No Room for Mediocrity; Chapter 13: Vernal Conclave; Chapter 14: A Slight Stipulation; Chapter 15: The Space Between; Chapter 16: Pool Boy
Chapter 17: The Seventh CommandmentPart Three: The Old Guard and the New Order; Chapter 18: Falling Water; Chapter 19: A Terrible Thing to Do; Chapter 20: Guest of Honor; Chapter 21: Branded; Chapter 22: Sign of the Bident; Chapter 23: The Virtual Rabbit Hole; Chapter 24: An Embarrassment to Who and What We Are; Chapter 25: Proxy of Death; Chapter 26: Not Like the Others; Chapter 27: Harvest Conclave; Chapter 28: Hydrogen Burning in the Heart of the Sun; Chapter 29: They Called It Prison; Part Four: MidMerican Fugitive; Chapter 30: Dialogue with the Dead
Chapter 31: A Streak of Unrelenting FoolishnessChapter 32: Troubled Pilgrimage; Chapter 33: Both the Messenger and the Message; Chapter 34: The Second Most Painful Thing You'll Ever Have to Do; Chapter 35: Obliteration Is Our Hallmark; Chapter 36: The Thirteenth Kill; Part Five: Scythehood; Chapter 37: Shaking the Tree; Chapter 38: The Final Test; Chapter 39: Winter Conclave; Chapter 40: The Ordained; About Neal Shusterman; Copyright
- "In a world where disease has been eliminated, the only way to die is to be randomly killed ('gleaned') by professional reapers ('scythes'). Two teens must compete with each other to become a scythe--a position neither of them wants. The one who becomes a scythe must kill the one who doesn't"--
- 9781442472440 (electronic bk.)
1442472448 (electronic bk.)
View MARC record | catkey: 30278550