Wheat and wheat improvement / E.G. Heyne, editor
- Madison, Wis., USA : American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America, Soil Science Society of America, 1987.
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxvi, 765 pages, 6 unnumbered pages of plates) : illustrations (some color).
- Additional Creators:
- Heyne, E. G., American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America, and Soil Science Society of America
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restrictions unspecified
- Wheat Worldwide -- The Physiology of Water and Temperature Stress -- Origins and Analyses of Genes and Genomes in Wheat and Its Relatives -- Evolution in the Genus Triticum and the Origin of Cultivated Wheat -- The Molecular Genetics of Wheat: Toward an Understanding of 16 Billion Base Pairs of DNA -- Genetic and Biochemical Studies of Enzymes -- Genetic and Biochemical Studies of Nonenzymatic Endosperm Proteins -- Chromosome Banding Methods Standard Chromosome Band Nomenclature and Applications in Cytogenetic Analysis -- Aneuploid Analysis in Tetraploid Wheat -- Gene Location and Gene Mapping in Hexaploid Wheat -- Linkage Map of Hexaploid Wheat -- Management of the Wheat Crop -- Cropping Systems and Rotations -- Morphology and Anatomy of the Wheat Plant -- Soil Management--Tillage Seedbed Preparation and Erosion Control -- Soil Reaction--Acidity Alkalinity and Salinity -- Nutrient Requirements and Fertilizer Use -- Wheat Stand Establishment -- Water Relations and Irrigation -- Weed Control in Wheat -- Wheat Breeding -- The Application of Breeding Procedures to Wheat -- Mutations and Mutation Breeding -- Hybrid Wheat -- Interspecific and Intergeneric Hybridization in Wheat -- Transferring Alien Genes to Wheat -- Novel Approaches to Wheat Improvement -- Wheat Diseases -- Diseases of Roots Crowns and Lower Stems -- Bacterial and Fungal Blights of the Foliage and Heads of Wheat -- Rusts Smuts and Powdery Mildew -- Virus Diseases of Wheat -- Insect and Mite Pests of Wheat -- Quality of Hard Soft and Durum Wheats -- Subject Index -- Growth Development and Physiology -- Front Matter.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. [Place of publication not identified] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010.
- Technical Details:
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212
- Action Note:
- digitized 2010 HathiTrust Digital Library committed to preserve
View MARC record | catkey: 30281065