Humic substances and chemical contaminants : proceedings of a workshop and symposium cosponsored by the International Humic Substances Society, Divisions S-2, S-1, S-3, S-4, and S-11 of the Soil Science Society of America, and Division A-5 of the American Society of Agronomy, Anaheim, California, 26-27 October 1997 / editors, C.E. Clapp [and others].
- Madison, WI : Soil Science Society of America, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxiii, 502 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Clapp, C. E.
- Composition and Structure -- Kinetics of Humic Acid Associations -- Interaction with Xenobiotics -- Adsorption of Pesticides by Humic Acids from Organic Amendments and Soils -- Characterization of the Interaction between Xenobiotic Residues and Humic Substances -- Solubilization of Anthropogenic Compounds by Humic Substances -- Association of Alcohol Ethoxylates with a Dissolved Humic Substance -- Binding of Small Organic Molecules by Soluble Humic Substances -- Measurements of Sorption-Desorption and Isotherm Analyses -- Modern Laboratory Procedures for Measuring Organic Crop Protection Chemicals -- Biological Techniques for Measuring Organic and Metal Contaminants in Environmental Samples -- Impact of Humic Substances on Toxicity of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons and Herbicides -- Long-Term Fate of Organic Chemicals in Lysimeter Experiments and the Role of the Bound Residue Fraction -- Considerations of Compositions and of Aspects of the Structures of Humic Substances -- Interaction with Metals -- Modeling Concepts in Metal-Humic Complexation -- X-Ray Spectroscopy Applications for the Study of Humic Substances -- Photochemical and Microbial Processes Influencing Iron-Humic Interactions in Stream and Lake Sediments -- Tight Metal Binding by Solid Phase Peat and Soil Humic Acids -- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Studies of Metal Interactions with Humic Substances -- Predicting Chemical Reactivity of Humic Substances for Minerals and Xenobiotics: Use of Computational Chemistry Scanning Probe Microscopy and Virtual Reality -- Transport and Modeling -- Subsurface Transport of Dissolved Humic Substances and Associated Contaminants -- Analysis of the Transport of Hydrophobic Organic Xenobiotics in the Presence of Dissolved Organic Carbon Using Soil Column Experiments -- Effect of Non-Target Organics on Organic Chemical Transport -- Subject Index -- Models of Humic Structures: Association of Humic Acids and Organic Matter in Soils and Water -- Molecular Sizes and Association Forces of Humic Substances in Solution -- F
- Soils—Humic acid content—Congresses
- Soil chemistry—Congresses
- Acides humiques—Dérivés—Congrès
- Acides humiques—Dérivés—Aspect de l'environnement—Congrès
- Sols—Teneur en composés organiques—Congrès
- Soil chemistry
- Soils—Humic acid content
- 9780891188759 (ACSESS electronic bk.)
0891188754 (ACSESS electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 30281132