The Role of potassium in agriculture / Edited by V.J. Kilmer, S.E. Younts [and] N.C. Brady. Managing editor: Richard C. Dinauer. Assistant editor: David M. Kral
- Madison, Wis. : American Society of Agronomy, 1968.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvi, 509 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Kilmer, Victor James, 1913-, Younts, S. E., 1930-, Brady, Nyle C., Tennessee Valley Authority, National Fertilizer Development Center (U.S.), and American Society of Agronomy
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restrictions unspecified
- Potassium Reserves in the World -- Role of Potassium in Photosynthesis and Respiration1 -- Effect of Potassium on Carbohydrate Metabolism and Translocation -- The Effect of Potassium on the Organic Acid and Nonprotein Nitrogen Content of Plant Tissue -- The Effect of Potassium and Other Univalent Cations on the Conformation of Enzymes1 -- Role of Potassium in Human and Animal Nutrition -- The Effects of Potassium on Disease Resistance -- Potassium Fertilizer Technology -- Effect of Potassium on Quality Factors--Fruits and Vegetables1 -- Soil Factors Affecting Potassium Availability -- Mechanism of Potassium Absorption by Plants -- Exchangeable Cations of Plant Roots and Potassium Absorption by the Plant -- Interaction of Potassium and other Ions -- Plant Factors Affecting Potassium Availability and Uptake -- Potassium Nutrition of Tropical Crops -- Potassium Nutrition of Forage Crops with Perennials -- Potassium Nutrition of Soybeans and Corn -- Potassium Nutrition of Tree Crops -- Potassium Nutrition of Vegetable Crops -- Glossary -- Subject Index -- Preparation of Finished Fertilizers Containing Potassium -- Agronomic Evaluation of Potassium Polyphosphate and Potassium Calcium Pyrophosphates as Sources of Potassium -- Mineralogy of Soil Potassium -- Front Matter
- Potassium fertilizers—Congresses
- Potassium in agriculture—Congresses
- Soils—Potassium content—Congresses
- Plants—Effect of potassium on—Congresses
- Engrais potassiques—Congrès
- Sols—Teneur en potassium—Congrès
- Plantes, Effets du potassium sur les—Congrès
- Plants—Effect of potassium on.
- Potassium fertilizers
- Potassium in agriculture
- Soils—Potassium content
- "Proceedings of a symposium sponsored and financed by the Tennessee Valley Authority and the American Potash Institute and cosponsored by the American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America, and Soil Science Society of America, and held at the National Fertilizer Development Center, TVA, Muscle Shoals, Alabama, June 18-19, 1968."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. [Place of publication not identified] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2015.
- Technical Details:
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212
- Action Note:
- digitized 2015 HathiTrust Digital Library committed to preserve
View MARC record | catkey: 30281214