The new GATT round of multilateral trade negotiations : legal and economic problems / edited by Ernst-Ulrich Petersmann, Meinhard Hilf
- Deventer, The Netherlands ; Boston : Kluwer Law and Taxation Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd updated ed.
- Physical Description:
- x, 638 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Petersmann, Ernst-Ulrich
Universität Bielefeld. Zentrum für Interdisziplinäre Forschung
- Studies in transnational economic law ; v. 5
- Strengthening the international legal framework of the GATT-MTN system : reform proposals for the new GATT round / John H. Jackson -- Strengthening the international legal framework of the GATT-MTN system : a comment / Pieter Verloren Van Themaat -- Strengthening the domestic legal framework of the GATT multilateral trade system : possibilities and problems of making GATT rules effective in domestic legal systems / Ernst-Ulrich Petersmann -- Strengthening the legal framework of the GATT multilateral trade system : a comment / Giorgio Sacerdoti -- Strengthening GATT surveillance of trade-related policies / Richard Blackhurst -- GATT surveillance of trade-related policies : a comment / Jacques H.J. Bourgeois.
Tiger, tiger in the house : a critical appraisal of the case against discriminatory trade measures / Robert E. Hudec -- A Comment / See Chak Mun -- The GATT rules for industrial subsidies and countervailing duties and the new GATT round : the weather and the seeds / Jacques H.J. Bourgeois -- Subsidies and countervail in the Uruguay Round : a comment / Klaus Kautzor-Schröder -- Proposals for a "rule-oriented" liberalization of international agricultural trade / Stefan Tangermann -- U.S. negotiating proposal on agriculture in the Uruguay Round / Clayton Yeutter -- A 'super-rule' proposal for liberalization of agriculture in GATT : implications for the EEC / Brigid Gavin -- Settlement of disputes in international economic organizations : comparative analysis and proposals for strengthening the GATT dispute settlement procedures / Meinhard Hilf -- Strengthening the GATT dispute settlement system : on the use of arbitration in GATT / Ernst-Ulrich Petersmann -- Implementing the results of GATT panel proceedings : an area for Uruguay Round consideration / A. Jane Bradley.
The Relationship between the world trade order and the international monetary system / Frieder Roessler -- The Relationship between the world trade order and the international monetary system : a comment / Pierre-Louis Girard -- Coordinating international trade with competition policies / Mitsuo Matsushita -- Trade and competition policy aspects of VERs : a comment / Herwig Schloegl -- Potential anti-trust liability of exporters participating in various forms of export restraint arrangements / Mark Koulen -- The Conflict between trade policy and competition policy : a comment / Rodney De C. Grey -- Multilateral services negotiations : from interest-lateralism to reasoned multilateralism in the context of the servicization of the economy / Raymond J. Krommenacker -- Services and the Uruguay Round : issues raised in connection with multilateral action on services : a comment / Wedige Von Dewitz -- Rules on services in the EEC : a model for negotiating world-wide rules? / Claus-Dieter Ehlermann, Gianluigi Campogrande -- The Uruguay Round negotiations 1986-1991 / Ernst-Ulrich Petersmann.
- "Revised papers presented at the conference ... organized at the Center for Interdisciplinary Research at Bielefeld, Germany, on June 11-12, 1987"--Foreword.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3047021