The political context of law : proceedings of the Seventh British Legal History Conference, Canterbury, 1985 / edited by Richard Eales and David Sullivan
- Conference Author:
- British Legal History Conference (7th : 1985 : University of Kent at Canterbury)
- London ; Ronceverte, W. Va., U.S.A. : Hambledon Press, 1987.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 164 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Eales, R. G.
Sullivan, David S.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- The Lawbooks of medieval Wales / Dafydd Jenkins -- The Brieve of right revisited / Hector MacQueen -- Chief justice and felon : the career of Thomas Weyland / Paul Brand -- The Administration of criminal justice in late medieval England : peace sessions and assizes / Edward Powell -- The Henrician assizes and the enforcement of the Reformation / Amanda Bevan -- The Strategies of rhetoric in St. German's Doctor and student / R.J. Schoeck -- Usury in the Elizabethan exchequer / Norman L. Jones.
Knowledge of the English criminal law in Poland at the turn of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries / W.M. Bartel -- The Appointment of sheriffs and administration of justice in nineteenth-century Ireland / J.F. McEldowney -- Shooting the elephant : historians and the problem of frontier lawlessness / Hamar Foster -- The Royal prerogative or a statutory code? : the War Office and contingency legal planning, 1885-1914 / G.R. Rubin -- The Origins of nolo plea / A.D.E. Lewis.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 3048747