The Legacy of Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. / edited by Robert W. Gordon
- Stanford, Calif. : Stanford University Press, 1992.
- Physical Description:
- x, 323 pages : portrait ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Gordon, Robert W. (Robert Watson), 1941-
- Jurists--profiles in legal theory
- Introduction : Holmes's shadow / Robert W. Gordon -- Holmes in his intellectual milieu / J.W. Burrow -- The Place of Justice Holmes in American legal thought / Morton J. Horwitz -- Holmes's Common law and German legal science / Mathias W. Reimann -- Citizenship, civilization, and coercion : Justice Holmes on the tax power / Stephen Diamond -- Holmes and the judicial figure / Robert A. Ferguson -- Opening and closing the conversation : style and stance from Holmes senior to Holmes junior / Peter Gibian -- The "Tough-minded" Justice Holmes, Jewish intellectuals, and the making of an American icon / David A. Hollinger.
- 0804719896 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 231-313) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3049305