Arguing Americanism [electronic resource] : Franco lobbyists, Roosevelt's foreign policy, and the Spanish Civil War / Michael E. Chapman
- Chapman, Michael E.
- Kent, Ohio : Kent State University Press, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 315 p. : map ; 24 cm.
- New studies in U.S. foreign relations
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Pro-Franco anticommunism -- Defending Americanism -- Roosevelt's mental map -- Keeping the embargo -- The American Union for Nationalist Spain -- Spain in arms -- Franco lobbyists and the Christian Front -- Un-American Americanism.
- Anti-communist movements—United States—History—20th century
- Public opinion—United States—History—20th century
- National characteristics, American
- Spain—History—Civil War, 1936-1939—Foreign public opinion, American
- Spain—History—Civil War, 1936-1939—Diplomatic history
- Spain—History—Civil War, 1936-1939—Participation, American
- Spain—History—Civil War, 1936-1939—Propaganda
- United States—Foreign relations—Spain
- Spain—Foreign relations—United States
- 9781606350782 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1606350781 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 30566047