Not everyone gets a trophy [electronic resource] : how to manage the millenials / Bruce Tulgan
- Tulgan, Bruce
- Hoboken : Wiley, 2016.
- Revised and Updated Edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: PREFACE TO THE REVISED AND UPDATED EDITION CHAPTER ONE Meet the Millennial Generation: The Most High-Maintenance Workforce in the History of the World CHAPTER TWO Get Them on Board Fast with the Right Messages CHAPTER THREE Get Them Up-to-Speed Quickly and Turn Them into Knowledge Workers CHAPTER FOUR Practice In Loco Parentis Management CHAPTER FIVE Give Them the Gift of Context CHAPTER SIX Get Them to Care About Great Customer Service CHAPTER SEVEN Teach Them How to Manage Themselves CHAPTER EIGHT Teach Them How to Be Managed by You CHAPTER NINE Retain the Best Young Talent, One Day at a Time CHAPTER TEN Build the Next Generation of Leaders ACKNOWLEDGMENTS ABOUT THE AUTHOR INDEX .
- "Adapt your management methods to harness Millennial potential Not Everyone Gets a Trophy: How to Manage the Millennials provides employers with a workable game plan for turning Millennials into the stellar workforce they have the potential to be. The culmination of over two decades of research, this book provides employers with a practical framework for engaging, developing, and retaining the new generation of employees. This new revised and updated edition expands the discussion to include the new 'second-wave' Millennials, those Tulgan refers to as 'Generation Z,' and explores the ways in which these methods and tactics are becoming increasingly critical in the face of the profoundly changing global workforce. Baby Boomers are aging out and the newest generation is flowing in. Savvy employers are proactively harnessing the talent and potential these younger workers bring to the table. This book shows how to become a savvy employer and. Understand the generational shift occurring in the workplace Recruit, motivate, engage, and retain the newest new young workforce Discover best practices through proven strategies, case studies, and step-by-step instructions Explore new research on the second-wave Millennials ('Generation Z') as well as continuing research on the first-wave Millennials ('Generation Y') Teach Millennials how to manage themselves, help their managers manage them, and how to become new leaders themselves It's not your imagination--Millennial workers are different, but that difference is shaped by the same forces that make potentially exceptional workers. Employers who can engage Millennials' passion and loyalty have great things ahead. Not Everyone Gets a Trophy is your handbook for building the next great workforce"--
"Based on more than a decade of research, Not Everyone Gets a Trophy reframes Millennials at a time when many employers are struggling to engage, develop, and retain them. Not Everyone Gets a Trophy, Revised and Updated provides proven, step-by-step best practices for getting Millennials onboard and up-to-speed--giving them the context they lack, teaching them how to manage themselves and how to be managed, and turning the very best into new leaders. This book is the essential guide for winning the talent wars and managing Millennials. This new revised and updated edition includes: - New focus on all millennials, which include Generations X, Y, and Z - New preface about the incredible generational shift under way in the workforce now and the critical nature of this issue now - Updated case studies and examples - New research on first-wave and second-wave of the Millennials"--
- 9781119190769 (pdf)
- Revised edition of the author's Not everyone gets a trophy, 2009.
View MARC record | catkey: 30569346