- Proven methodologies and concurrency techniques that will help you write faster and better code with Go programming Key Features Explore Go's profiling tools to write faster programs by identifying and fixing bottlenecks Address Go-specific performance issues such as memory allocation and garbage collection Delve into the subtleties of concurrency and discover how to successfully implement it in everyday applications Book Description Go is an easy-to-write language that is popular among developers thanks to its features such as concurrency, portability, and ability to reduce complexity. This Golang book will teach you how to construct idiomatic Go code that is reusable and highly performant. Starting with an introduction to performance concepts, you'll understand the ideology behind Go's performance. You'll then learn how to effectively implement Go data structures and algorithms along with exploring data manipulation and organization to write programs for scalable software. This book covers channels and goroutines for parallelism and concurrency to write high-performance code for distributed systems. As you advance, you'll learn how to manage memory effectively. You'll explore the compute unified device architecture (CUDA) application programming interface (API), use containers to build Go code, and work with the Go build cache for quicker compilation. You'll also get to grips with profiling and tracing Go code for detecting bottlenecks in your system. Finally, you'll evaluate clusters and job queues for performance optimization and monitor the application for performance regression. By the end of this Go programming book, you'll be able to improve existing code and fulfill customer requirements by writing efficient programs. What you will learn Organize and manipulate data effectively with clusters and job queues Explore commonly applied Go data structures and algorithms Write anonymous functions in Go to build reusable apps Profile and trace Go apps to reduce bottlenecks and improve efficiency Deploy, monitor, and iterate Go programs with a focus on performance Dive into memory management and CPU and GPU parallelism in Go Who this book is for This Golang book is a must for developers and professionals who have an intermediate-to-advanced understanding of Go programming, and are interested in improving their speed of code execution.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2020.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © 2020 Packt Publishing 2020
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 30571757