Learn C# Programming [electronic resource] / Bancila, Marius
- Bancila, Marius
- Packt Publishing, 2020.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (636 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Rialdi, Raffaele, Sharma, Ankit, Esposito, Dino, and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- Get started with C# and strengthen your knowledge of core programming concepts such as procedural, object-oriented, generic, functional, and asynchronous programming along with the latest features of C# 8 Key Features Learn the fundamentals of C# with the help of easy-to-follow examples and explanations Leverage the latest features of C# 8, including nullable reference types, pattern matching enhancements, and asynchronous streams Explore object-oriented programming, functional programming, and multithreading concepts Book Description The C# programming language is often developers' primary choice for creating a wide range of applications for desktop, cloud, and mobile. In nearly two decades of its existence, C# has evolved from a general-purpose, object-oriented language to a multi-paradigm language with impressive features. This book will take you through C# from the ground up in a step-by-step manner. You'll start with the building blocks of C#, which include basic data types, variables, strings, arrays, operators, control statements, and loops. Once comfortable with the basics, you'll then progress to learning object-oriented programming concepts such as classes and structures, objects, interfaces, and abstraction. Generics, functional programming, dynamic, and asynchronous programming are covered in detail. This book also takes you through regular expressions, reflection, memory management, pattern matching, exceptions, and many other advanced topics. As you advance, you'll explore the .NET Core 3 framework and learn how to use the dotnet command-line interface (CLI), consume NuGet packages, develop for Linux, and migrate apps built with .NET Framework. Finally, you'll understand how to run unit tests with the Microsoft unit testing frameworks available in Visual Studio. By the end of this book, you'll be well-versed with the essentials of the C# language and be ready to start creating apps with it. What you will learn Get to grips with all the new features of C# 8 Discover how to use attributes and reflection to build extendable applications Utilize LINQ to uniformly query various sources of data Use files and streams and serialize data to JSON and XML Write asynchronous code with the async-await pattern Employ .NET Core tools to create, compile, and publish your applications Create unit tests with Visual Studio and the Microsoft unit testing frameworks Who this book is for If you have little experience in coding or C# and want to learn ...
- 9781789805864 and 9781789808445
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2020.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © 2020 Packt Publishing 2020
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 30571875