Innovations in Urban and Regional Systems [electronic resource] : Contributions from GIS&T, Spatial Analysis and Location Modeling / edited by Jean-Claude Thill
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- VII, 472 pages 94 illustrations, 38 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Thill, Jean-Claude and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction -- Part I: Urban Growth -- Part II: Economic Restructuring, Convergence, Growth, and Regional Systems -- Conclusion.
- This book presents cutting‐edge research on urban and regional systems applying modern spatial analytical techniques of Geographic Information Science & Technologies (GIS&T), spatial statistics, and location modeling. The contributions, written by leading scholars from around the globe, adopt a spatially explicit analytical perspective and highlight methodological innovations and substantive breakthroughs on many facets of the socioeconomic and environmental reality of urban and regional contexts. The book is divided into three parts: The first part offers an introduction to the research field, while the second part discusses critical issues in urban growth and urban management, presenting case studies on city and urban environments, their growth, data infrastructures and spatial and management issues. The third part then broadens the analysis to the regional scale, addressing growth, convergence and adaptation to new economic and information‐based realities. This book appeals to scholars of spatial and regional sciences as well as to policy decision-makers interested in advanced methods of spatial analysis, location modeling, and GIS&T. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 30572516