Handbook of Poisonous and Injurious Plants [electronic resource] / by Lewis S. Nelson, Michael J. Balick
- Nelson, Lewis, 1963-
- New York, NY : Springer US : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 3rd ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XVIII, 336 pages 181 illustrations, 157 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Balick, Michael J., 1952- and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Disclaimer -- Foreword -- Acknowledgements -- Introduction -- Authors' Note -- Section 1. Botanical Nomenclature and Glossary of Botanical Terms -- Botanical Nomenclature -- Glossary of Botanical Terms -- Section 2. Poisons, Poisoning Syndromes, and Their Clinical Management -- Section 3. Plant-Induced Dermatitis -- Section 4. Gastrointestinal Decontamination -- Section 5. Individual Plants -- Photographers' Credits -- Index -- .
- This third edition of the Handbook of Poisonous and Injurious Plants is created to assist the clinician in the initial response to the needs of a child or adult exposed to a poisonous or injurious plant. It lists common plants that might lead to the development of the symptom complex and describes the mechanisms of action of the implicated toxin, additional clinical manifestations, and specific therapeutics for each presentation. This truly comprehensive resource is botanically rigorous and complete with insights from both pharmacognosy and clinical medicine. With its thorough references and full-color photos of hundreds of potentially toxic and injurious plants inside and outside the home, anyone who has an interest in plants will find this book useful outside in the garden or out in the wild. This book will be of interest to botanists, horticulturists, and naturalists as well as hikers, gardeners, and all those who simply enjoy the wonders of nature and the great outdoors.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 30572633