Dynamics of Family and Intimate Partner Violence [electronic resource] / by Irene Hanson Frieze, Christina E. Newhill, Rachel Fusco
- Frieze, Irene Hanson
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 439 pages 1 illustration : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Newhill, Christina E., Fusco, Rachel, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Preface -- Chapter 1. Introduction: Explaining family and relationship violence in U.S. society -- Chapter 2. Causal factors in aggression and violence: Examining social and biological perspectives -- Chapter 3. Survivor coping: Theories and research about reactions to all types of victimization -- Chapter 4. Violence and abuse in intimate partner relationships: Battered women and their batterers -- Chapter 5. Expanding our thinking about intimate partner violence: Examinations of partner violence using non-shelter samples -- Chapter 6. Child Maltreatment: Physical, Emotional and Sexual Abuse of Children and Child Neglect -- Chapter 7. Other forms of family violence: Elder abuse, sibling abuse, and animal cruelty -- Chapter 8. Interventions with family violence survivors: Assistance for abused women and children -- Chapter 9. Societal responses to abuse in the family: Programs to prevent future violence -- Chapter 10. Examining the caregiver: Challenges (and successes) in assisting victims of violence and the need for self-care -- Appendix. Case vignettes from our files.
- This book provides a research-based analysis of the dynamics of several types of violence in families and close relationships, as well as a discussion of theories relating to the experiences of victims. Drawing on recent research data and case studies from their own clinical experiences, the authors examine causes, experiences, and interventions related to violence in various forms of relationships including children, elders, and dating or married couples. Among the topics covered: Causal factors in aggression and violence Theories of survivor coping and reactions to victimization Interventions for abused women and children Other forms of family violence: elder abuse, sibling abuse, and animal cruelty Societal responses to abuse in the family Dynamics of Family and Intimate Partner Violence is a crucial resource for practitioners and students in the fields of psychology and social work, vividly tying together theory and real-life case studies.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 30572689