Caledonian scenes : songs of Judith Weir, Benjamin Britten & Hamish MacCunn / Justin Vickers, tenor
- Additional Titles:
- Songs of Judith Weir, Benjamin Britten & Hamish MacCunn
- Albany, NY : Albany, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Vickers, Justin
Burns, Robert, 1759-1796
Britten, Benjamin, 1913-1976. Selections
MacCunn, Hamish, 1868-1916. Selections
- Language Note:
- Sung in English or Lallans.
- Scotch Minstrelsy (1954) (13:36). Bessie Bell and Mary Gray (4:03)) ; Bonnie James Campbell (2:39)) ; Lady Isobel and the elf-knight (2:02)) ; The gypsy laddie (2:50) ; The braes of Yarrow (2:02) / Judith Weir -- Four Burns songs, op. 92 (8:30). Afton Water (2:43) ; Wee Willie Gray (0:54) ; The winter (2:57) ; My hoggie (1:56) / Benjamin Britten -- Cycle of six love-lyrics (1899) (27:42). A message came from the East (4:47) ; Where palms make pleasant shade (3:59) ; He passionately bewails her absence (4:51) ; He hears of her death (4:02) ; The news turns out to be false (3:58) ; They are reunited (6:05) ; Selected songs. The ash tree (3:31) ; To Julia weeping (1:45) ; Her suffering ended (2:20) ; Wilt thou by my dearie? (2:23) ; My bed and pillow are cold (1:38) ; Had I a cave on some wild distant shore (1:49) ; I've found my mountain lyre again! (6:21) / Hamish MacCunn.
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Justin Vickers, tenor ; Geoffrey Duce (1st-9th works) or Gretchen Church (10th-22nd works), piano.
View MARC record | catkey: 30572961