Introduction to Compressible Fluid Flow, Second Edition, 2nd Edition [electronic resource] / Oosthuizen, Patrick
- Introduction to Compressible Fluid Flow, Second Edition offers extensive coverage of the physical phenomena experienced in compressible flow. Updated and revised, the second edition provides a thorough explanation of the assumptions used in the analysis of compressible flows. It develops in students an understanding of what causes compressible flows to differ from incompressible flows and how they can be analyzed. This book also offers a strong foundation for more advanced and focused study. The book begins with discussions of the analysis of isentropic flows, of normal and oblique shock waves and of expansion waves. The final chapters deal with nozzle characteristics, friction effects, heat exchange effects, a hypersonic flow, high-temperature gas effects, and low-density flows. This book applies real-world applications and gives greater attention to the supporting software and its practical application. Includes numerical results obtained using a modern commercial CFD (computer fluid dynamics) code to illustrate the type of results that can be obtained using such a code Replaces BASIC language programs with MATLAB® routines Avails COMPROP2 software which readers can use to do compressible flow computation Additional problems have been added, and non-numerical problems illustrating practical applications have been included. A solutions manual that contains complete solutions to all of the problems in this book is available. The manual incorporates the same problem-solving methodology as adopted in the worked examples in this book. It also provides summaries of the major equations developed in each chapter. An interactive computer program also accompanies this book.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2013.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © CRC Press 2013 2013
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 30578882