Historical Background of Wang Yang-ming's Philosophy of Mind [electronic resource] : From the Perspective of his Life Story / by Ping Dong
- Dong, Ping
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- X, 199 pages 1 illustration : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- doi.org , Open Access
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Chapter 1 Experiencing "Gewu Zhizhi" -- Chapter 2 Learning "Saint Theory" -- Chapter 3 Proposing His "Philosophy of Mind" -- Chapter 4 Practicing His Military Thoughts -- Chapter 5 Pushing His Idea of Governance -- Chapter 6 Establishing His Philosophical System. .
- This open access book offers comprehensive information on Wang Yang-ming's life, helping readers identify and grasp the foundations on which his philosophy was established. Though a great man, Wang had an extremely difficult life, full of many hardships. Based on various official histories, Wang's own writings, and his disciples' records, the book explores the legendary life of this ancient philosopher, who not only diligently pursued his objective of living as a sage, but also persistently sought the ideal state of a sage in ideology. The author also shares his own interpretations of the main aspects of Wang's philosophy using simple and straightforward language. This book will help readers understand and appreciate Wang Yang-ming's extraordinary life, his generous mind, deep thoughts and bright personality, inspiring them to pursue enriching lives. It offers a unique and insightful work for undergraduate students and all others interested in Wang's philosophy and life story.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 30579459