Carotid Artery Disease [electronic resource] : Evaluation and Management / edited by Min S. Park, M. Yashar S. Kalani, Adam de Havenon, J. Scott McNally
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 295 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Park, Min S., Kalani, Yashar, de Havenon, Adam, McNally, J. Scott, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Management of Carotid Disease -- Chapter 2: Anatomy of the Carotid Artery -- Chapter 3: Imaging of the Carotid Artery -- Chapter 4: Introduction to Carotid Atherosclerosis -- Chapter 5: Medical Management of Atherosclerotic Carotid Disease -- Chapter 6: Carotid Endarterectomy -- Chapter 7: Carotid Artery Stenting -- Chapter 8: Radiation-Induced Stenosis -- Chapter 9: Acute Carotid Occlusion -- Chapter 10: Chronic Carotid Occlusion -- Chapter 11: Carotid Artery Dissection -- Chapter 12: Extracranial Carotid Artery Aneurysms -- Chapter 13: Carotid Blowout Syndrome -- Chapter 14: Carotid Artery Fibromuscular Dysplasia -- Chapter 15: Giant Cell Arteritis -- Chapter 16: Takayasu's Arteritis -- Chapter 17: Carotid Body Tumors: Pre-operative Management and a Review of the Literature -- Chapter 18: Surgical Management of Carotid Body Tumor with Case Illustrations -- Chapter 19: Carotidynia.
- This truly comprehensive title addresses all aspects of the evaluation and management of carotid artery disease. The extracranial carotid artery is an area of confluence for both medical and surgical specialists. Given its unique position and function in the body, disease states that involve the carotid artery require a unique approach to ensure the best outcomes for patients. Developed by a multidisciplinary team of thought leaders from across medical, surgical, and radiological disciplines, Carotid Artery Disease: Evaluation and Management provides a diverse resource where readers can find presentation, evaluation, and management recommendations for any process involving the extracranial carotid artery, be it related to atherosclerotic, traumatic, inflammatory, or even oncologic disease. Indeed this title is a unique offering in that one can find traditional, and even exclusively medical, conditions within the same binding as surgical or interventional ones. Typically, access to this type of information requires the purchase of multiple different texts, but this complete title distills the evaluation and management of carotid artery disease into a one-of-a-kind, practical, accessible reference. A much-needed and invaluable contribution to the clinical literature, Carotid Artery Disease: Evaluation and Management will be of great interest to anyone early in his or her career and needing an introduction to the field, as well as seasoned clinicians in need of state-of-the-art, refresher information.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 30584921