Aspiration Pneumonia [electronic resource] : The Current Clinical Giant for Respiratory Physicians / edited by Shinji Teramoto, Kosaku Komiya
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- IX, 239 pages 44 illustrations, 21 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Teramoto, Shinji, Komiya, Kosaku, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Respiratory Disease Series: Diagnostic Tools and Disease Managements, 2509-5552
- Part I Definition, Diagnosis and Theraoy of Aspiration Pneumonia -- 1 Epidemiology of Aspiration Pneumonia -- 2 Clinical Significance of Aspiration Pneumonia in All the Pneumonia Therapy -- 3 Diagnosis of Aspiration Pneumonia -- 4 Chest Radiographic and Chest CT Images of Aspiration Pneumonia -- 5 Assessment of Swallowing Function and Dysphagia -- 6 Pathogens of Aspiration Pneumonia Based on Novel Approach -- 7 Antimicrobial Selection for Aspiration Pneumonia -- Part II Pathophysiology of Aspiration Pneumonia -- 8 The Relationship Between the Risk of Aspiration Pneumonia and the Risk of Aspiration -- 9 A Possibe Asociation Between Oral Bacteria and Aspiration Pneumonia -- 10 The Role of Anaerobes on Pathogenesis of Aspiration Pneumonia -- 11 Diffuse Aspiration Bronchiolitis and Post-gastrectomy Aspiration Pneumonia -- 12 Significant Roles of the Simple Two-step Swallowing Provocation Test (STS-SPT) in Aspiration Pneumonia, but Not in Food Swallowing Problems -- 13 Predictive Roles of the Repetitive Saliva Swallowing Test (RSST) in Aspiration Pneumonia and Other Respiratory Diseases -- 14 Animal Models of Aspiration Pneumoni -- Part III New Preventive Strategy -- 15 Pharmacological Approach Based on Substance p Theory -- 16 Roles of Vaccination -- 17 Oral Care -- 18 Physical Therapy -- 19 Nutritional Care for Aspiration Pneumonia -- 20 Surgical Approach -- PART IV Topics of Aspiration Pneumonia -- 21 Emerging the Notion and Definition of NHCAP -- 22 Sleep Apnea, Hypnotics and Aspiration Pneumonia.
- This book offers an essential overview of aspiration pneumonia, and focuses on four major aspects: epidemiology, pathophysiology, new preventive strategies, and trending topics. Each part presents detailed findings and insights into critical issues for the treatment of the disease including its diagnosis, assessment, selecting antibiotics, similarities and differences between aspiration risk and aspiration pneumonia risk, different therapeutic approaches and so on. The book also discusses emerging topics concerning the definition of NHCAP and sleep apnea. Special attention is given to therapeutic and preventive approaches for the elderly, highlighting recent advances and the evidence on their positive outcomes. Since the patients with this disorder are often in a post-stroke state and elderly, the book is highly relevant for neurologists and geriatric physicians. Further, many surgeons also face this type of pneumonia in association with postoperative complications and cancer therapy related complications. Lastly, the definition of aspiration pneumonia and its therapeutic strategy have yet to be established in many countries, and the data presented here should serve as a guideline for its future diagnosis and treatment. As such, the book offers a valuable resource for primary physicians, pulmonologists, gerontologists, respiratory nurses, physical therapists, dentists and otolaryngologists alike.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 30585306