Law making, law finding, and law shaping : the diverse influences / edited and with an introduction by Basil S. Markesinis ; with a foreword by the Rt. Hon. the Lord Bingham of Cornhill
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 1997.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 226 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Markesinis, Basil, 1944-
- The Clifford Chance lectures ; v. 2
- Introduction / by Basil Markensinis -- Community and national legislators, regulators, judges, academics and practitioners : living together apart? / by Walter van Gerven -- Comparative law : the challenges to the judges / by Lord Goff of Chieveley -- Group libel, hate speech, and other fighting words : civility and the uses of the law / by Roger Errera -- The influence of the European Convention on Human Rights and the American Constitution on the English law of defamation / by Sir Brian Neill.
Who is listening to whom? : the discourse between the Canadian judiciary and academics / by Gerard V. La Forest -- Interplay between judges, legislators, and academics: the case of the new Civil Code of the Netherlands / by Arthur Hartkamp -- This heap of good learning : the jurist in the common law tradition / by Peter Birks -- Politics and courts in Europe : from an old to a new lack of balance / by Thijmen Koopmans -- The law-making power of the legislature and the judicial review / by Jutta Limbach.
The EU investment services directive : the impact on cross-border business / by Timothy J. Herrington -- Legislation, regulation, and judicial review / by Paul Craig.
- 0198264976 (hb : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3060816