Ethical challenges to legal education and conduct / edited by Kim Economides
- Additional Titles:
- Ethical challenges to legal education & conduct
- Oxford : Hart Pub., 1998.
Evanston, Ill. : Northwestern University Press
- Physical Description:
- xxxiii, 366 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Economides, Kim, 1954-
- Legal ethics : three challenges for the next millennium / Kim Economides -- Law and ethics in classical thought / Christopher Gill -- Justice, judgment and ethics of alterity / Costas Douzinas -- "The secret courts of men's hearts" : legal ethics and Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird / Tim Dare -- Devils, lawyers and salvation lie in the details : deontological ethics, issue conflicts of interests and civic education in law schools / Robert E. Rosen -- Can legal ethics become a matter of academic teaching? : critical observations from a later-modern perspective / Vittorio Olgiati.
Why Canadian law schools don't teach legal ethics / Harry W. Arthurs -- Lawyers behaving badly : where now in legal education for acting responsibly in Australia? / Andrew Goldsmith and Guy Powles -- Recent developments in the teaching of legal ethics : A UK perspective / Richard O'Dair -- The teaching of legal ethics ... in the "Tropiques" / Eliane B. Junqueira -- Learning and practising law in the South Pacific : the ethical dimension / Richard Grimes -- Teaching professionalism : the issues and antinomies / Thomas Morawetz.
Lawyers' moral reasoning and professional conduct, in practice and in education / Leny de Groot-van Leuwen -- Feminist perspectives on legal ethics / Deborah Rhode -- Conduct, ethics, & experience in vocational legal education : opportunities missed / Julian Webb -- The politics of decontextualised knowledge : bringing context into ethics instruction in law school / Robert Granfield -- Educating lawyers to be ethical advisors / Charles Sampford and Sophie Blencowe -- Legal ethics in Europe / Avrom Sherr.
- 1901362108 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3062587