Laws of the postcolonial / edited by Eve Darian-Smith and Peter Fitzpatrick
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vi, 309 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Darian-Smith, Eve, 1963-
Fitzpatrick, Peter, 1941-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Law, meaning, and violence
- Laws of the postcolonial : an insistent introduction / Peter Fitzpatrick and Eve Darian-Smith -- Approaching anxiety : the insistence of the post-colonial in the declaration on the rights of indigenous peoples / Colin Perrin -- Passions out of place : law, incommensurability, and resistance / Peter Fitzpatrick -- A moral geography of liberty : John Stuart Mill and American free speech discourse / Paul A. Passavant -- Francisco de Vitoria and the colonial origins of international law / Antony Anghie -- Islamic law and English texts / John Strawson.
The view from the international plane : perspective and scale in the architecture of colonial international law / Annelise Riles -- Subalternity and international law : the problems of global community and the incommensurability of difference / Dianne Otto -- An ontological approach to constitutionalism in Sri Lanka : contingency and the failure of exclusion / Roshan de Silva -- Postcolonialism : the emperor's new clothes? / Jeannine Purdy -- Rites of passage into the global village / Rolando Gaete.
From law to popular justice : beyond antinomialism / Alan Norrie -- Rabies rides the fast train : transnational interactions in postcolonial times / Eve Darian-Smith.
- 0472109561 (acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3065832