Whispered consolations : law and narrative in African American life / Jon-Christian Suggs
- Suggs, Jon Christian, 1940-
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 401 pages ; 24 cm.
Full Text available online
- Law, meaning, and violence
- In search of justice and jurisprudence -- Romance and resistance -- The romance of desire and identity -- Privacy, property, and self -- Law and the urbanization of narrative in "postproperty" African American life -- Lynchings and passing -- Resistance in renascence -- At the end of histories.
- 0472106511 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- Includes index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliography: pages 371-390.
View MARC record | catkey: 3071220