Law and medicine / edited by Michael Freeman and Andrew D.E. Lewis
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2000.
- Physical Description:
- xxxv, 584 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Freeman, Michael D. A. and Lewis, A. D. E.
- Introduction : medicine, health and the law at the millennium's end / M. Freeman -- The NHS in private hands? : regulating private providers of NHS services / C. Newdick -- Health care information technology and provider accountability : a symbiotic relationship / F. Miller -- The manipulation of medical practice / V. Harpwood -- Clinical guidelines, negligence and medical practice / H. Teff -- Threatening behaviour? : the challenge posed by medical negligence claims / L. Mulcahy -- Information, decisions, and the limits of informed consent / C. Schneider and M. Farrell., Patient autonomy : a turn in the tide? / R. Bailey-Harris -- Legal limits : when does autonomy in health care prevail? / A. Flamm and H. Forster -- Law, society and the new genetics / R. Digwall -- The ethics of human cloning / B. Steinbock -- Written in code : diversity and the new genetics / B. Bennett -- Gene therapy : cure or challenge? / S. McLean -- Protecting the unborn child from its drug or alcohol abusing mother / K. Norrie -- Status of the embryo in the light of Islamic jurisprudence / A. Ebrahim., Can we leave the best interests of very sick children to their parents? / M. Freeman -- The caesarian sections cases and the supremacy of autonomy / J. Herring -- Policing pregnancy : rights and wrongs / M. Blake -- The gifts of life : donating gametes and the consequences / L. Waller and D. Mortimer -- Consent and intent : the legal differences in assisted reproductive treatments? / F. Shenfield -- Symbolic harm and reproductive practices / E. Boetzkes -- Viagra is coming! : the rhetoric of choice and need / H. Biggs and R. Mackenzie., The politics of paternity : foetal risks and reproductive harm / C. Daniels and J. Golden -- Research on human subjects, exploitation, and global principles of ethics / J. Harris -- Government priorities for biomedical research : what does justice require? / R. Dresser -- Health research with children : the New Zealand experience / N. Peart -- Medical data, new information technologies, and the need for normative principles other than privacy rules / A. Vedder -- Pre-employment health screening / D. Kloss., and Human organ transplant ordinance : facilitating adult live donor transplants? / A. Lui -- Thrift-euthanasia, in theory and in practice : a critique of non-heart-beating organ harvesting / H. Ducharme -- The comatose pregnant woman : abortion and the substituted-judgement approach / E. Bernat -- The Mental Health Act : taking stock of the current position and thinking about the future / P. Gartlett -- Mind and body : medicine and law / B. Mahendra.
- 0198299184 (acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3076035