Hitching a ride : omnibus legislating in the U.S. Congress / Glen S. Krutz
- Krutz, Glen S.
- Columbus : Ohio State University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 183 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Focusing attention on omnibus legislation -- The nature of congressional change : literature and theory -- The logic of omnibus legislation : an integrated theoretical framework -- Studying omnibus lawmaking systematically -- Hitching a ride on the omnibus -- Explaining the move to omnibus legislating -- The birth of omnibus legislating : why the 81st Congress bundled the budget -- Getting around gridlock I : making health care policy through omnibus bills -- Getting around gridlock II : the effect of omnibus utilization on legislative productivity. and The omnibus change and presidential-congressional relations -- Evaluating omnibus legislating.
- 0814208703 (cloth : alk. paper)
0814250718 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Includes index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliography: pages 167-177.
View MARC record | catkey: 3078324