The Welsh king and his court / edited by T.M. Charles-Edwards, Morfydd E. Owen, and Paul Russell
- Cardiff : University of Wales Press, 2000.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 603 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Charles-Edwards, T. M.
Owen, Morfydd E.
Russell, Paul, 1956 February 23-
University of Wales. Board of Celtic Studies. History and Law Committee
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Language Note:
- English chiefly, with Welsh, Latin and Irish text.
- Excursus : the lawbooks and their relation / by Dafydd Jenkins -- Prolegomena to the Welsh laws of court / by Dafydd Jenkins -- King, Queen and Edling in the laws of court / by Robin Chapman Stacey -- Teulu and penteulu / by A.D. Carr -- The household priest (offeiriad teulu) / by Huw Pryce -- Ynad llys, brawdwr llys, iudex curie / by J.B. Smith -- Medics and medicine / by Morfydd E. Owen -- Bardd teulu and pencerdd / by Dafydd Jenkins -- Court poetry, power and politics / by Peredur I. Lynch -- Breintiau gwŷr Powys : the liberties of the men of Powys / by T.M. Charles-Edwards and Nerys Ann Jones.
Royal propaganda : stories from the law-texts / by Morfydd E. Owen -- Hawk and hound : hunting in the laws of court / by Dafydd Jenkins -- Swydd, swyddog, swyddwr : office, officer and official / by Paul Russell -- Llys and maerdref / by Glanville R.J. Jones -- Food, drink and clothing in the laws of court / by T.M. Charles-Edwards -- Clothes talk from medieval Wales / by Robert Chapman Stacey -- Defod a moes y llys / by Manon Phillips -- Nósa Ua Maine : fact or fiction? / by Máire Ní Mhaonaigh -- Comparative aspects of the tractates on the laws of court / by D.B. Walters.
The laws of court : past reality or present ideal? / by David Stephenson -- Descriptions of the Welsh manuscripts / by Daniel Huws -- The laws of court from Cyfnerth / by Morfydd E. Owen -- The laws of court from Latin B / by Paul Russell -- Nósa Ua Maine : "the customs of the Uí Mhaine" / by Paul Russell -- Canu i swyddogion llys y brenin / by Paul Russell.
- "Published on behalf of the History and Law Committee of the Board of Celtic Studies."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3078803