American women : a Library of Congress guide for the study of women's history and culture in the United States / edited by Sheridan Harvey, Janice E. Ruth, Barbara Orbach Natanson, Sara Day and Evelyn Sinclair ; introduction by Susan Ware
- Additional Titles:
- Library of Congress guide for the study of women's history and culture in the United States
- Washington : Library of Congress, 2001. and Washington : For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O.
- Physical Description:
- xxxvi, 420 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Harvey, Sheridan, 1945-, Ruth, Janice E., Natanson, Barbara Orbach, Day, Sara, 1943-, Sinclair, Evelyn, and Library of Congress
Full Text available online
- The General Collections / Sheridan Harvey -- Marching for the vote: remembering the Woman Suffrage Parade of 1913 / Sheridan Harvey -- Serial and Government Publications Division / Georgia Metos Higley -- Law Library of Congress / Pamela Barnes Craig -- The long road to equality: what women won from the ERA ratification effort / Leslie W. Gladstone -- Rare Book and Special Collections Division / Rosemary Fry Plakas and Jacqueline Coleburn -- Manuscript Division / Janice E. Ruth -- "With peace and freedom blest!" woman as symbol in America, 1590-1800 / Sara Day -- Prints and Photographs Division / Barbara Orbach Natanson -- Women on the move: overland journeys to California / Patricia Molen van Ee -- Music Division / Robin Rausch -- The house that Marian build: the MacDowell Colony of Peterborough, New Hampshire / Robin Rausch -- Recorded Sound Section-Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division / Nancy J. Seeger -- Moving Image Section-Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division / Rosemany Hanes with Brian Taves -- American Folklife Center / James Hardin -- Area Studies Collections / Peggy K. Pearlstein and Barbara A. Tenenbaum.
- 0844410489 (alk. paper)
- Shipping list no.:2002-0101-P.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 373-387) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3081122