The Prevention of human rights violations : contribution on the occasion of the twentieth anniversary of the Marangopoulos Foundation for Human Rights (MFHR) / message by Mary Robinson ; editor, Linos-Alexander Sicilianos ; associate editor, Christiane Bourloyannis-Vrailas
- Athens : Ant. N. Sakkoulas ; The Hague ; New York : Martinus Nijhoff ; The Hague, 2001.
Norwell, MA : Sold and distributed in North, Central and South America by Kluwer Law International.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 303 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Sicilianos, Linos-Alexandre
Hidryma Marankopoulou gia ta Dikaiōmata tou Anthrōpou
- International studies in human rights ; v. 67
- Message of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights / Mary Robinson -- The CPT model : an examination / Rod Morgan -- The preventive mandate of the control system created by the Council of Europe Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities / Rainer Hofmann -- The preventive dimension of the activities of United Nations treaty bodies / Elias Kastanas -- Issues of prevention and the development of international humanitarian law : from the international criminal tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda to the International Criminal Court / Stelios Perrakis.
Some reflections on the statute of the International Criminal Court / Phani Dascalopoulou-Livada -- The UN special rapporteurs / Louis Joinet -- Preventing human rights violations in the field : the role of OSCE missions / Dimitris Christopoulos -- The contribution of the European Commission for Democracy through Law (Venice Commission) / Giorgio Malinverni -- The prevention of human rights violations : monitoring mechanisms of the Council of Europe / Andrew Drzemczewski -- Integrating human rights into the preventive action of the United Nations / Elsa Stamatopoulou.
UNHCR's role in the prevention of human rights violations / Maria Stavropoulou -- The preventive role of the Commissioner for Human Rights of the Council of Europe / Jeroen Schokkenbroek -- The preventive activities of the European ombudsman / Jacob Söderman -- Evolution and perspectives of the institution of the ombudsman / Frank Orton -- Evolution and perspectives for national institutions for the promotion and protection of human rights : their contribution to the prevention of human rights violations / Emmanuel Decaux.
Vigilance and proposal : the preventive role of the French National Advisory Commission for Human Rights / Gérard Fellous -- The Greek National Commission for the Protection of Human Rights / George Papadimitriou -- The contribution of NGOs to the prevention of human rights violations / Adama Dieng -- Human rights education, a fundamental resource in the prevention of violations / Jean-Bernard Marie -- The prevention of human rights violations : utopia or challenge / Linos-Alexander Sicilianos.
- 9041116729 (Kluwer : alk. paper)
9601504729 (Ant. N. Sakkoulas)
- Related Titles:
- Marangopoulos Foundation for Human Rights
- Papers of an International Colloquy held in Athens, May 24-25, 1999.
Accompanying booklet entitled: The Marangopoulos Foundation for Human Rights : twenty years of activity.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3082854