Static and dynamic analysis of engineering structures : incorporating the boundary element method / Levon G. Petrosian, Vladimir A. Ambartsumian
- Petrosian, Levon G. (Levon Gregory), 1952-
- Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2020.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Ambart︠s︡umi︠a︡n, V. A. (Vladimir Aleksandrovich)
- "This book examines static and dynamic analysis of engineering structures for methodological and practical purposes. The first chapter solves problems using traditional techniques. Next, boundary element methods are introduced. Vibrations of discrete and continuous systems are then discussed. The final chapters offer solutions for more complex systems, such as elastic waves in inhomogeneous media, frequency-dependent damping, and membranes of arbitrary shape. The aim of this book is to provide the readers with a guide to analyzing static and dynamic structures using traditional and advanced approaches with real-world, practical examples. Analysis of static and dynamic structures lies at the heart of mechanical engineering, and many techniques and approaches have been developed over the years to improve modeling and prediction of the performance of such structures. Typically, one of the most difficult aspects to model are the boundaries and discontinuities of a structure, and it is research in this area that led to one of the most established techniques employed today known as the Boundary Element Method"--
- 9781119592938 electronic book, 1119592933 electronic book, 9781119592884 electronic book, 1119592887 electronic book, 9781119592945 electronic book, 1119592941 electronic book, 9781119592839 hardcover, and 1119592836 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 30865379