Gregory's pediatric anesthesia / edited by Dean B. Andropoulos, George A. Gregory
- Additional Titles:
- Pediatric anesthesia
- Hoboken, NJ : Wiley Blackwell, 2020.
- Copyright Date:
- Sixth edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (some color)
- Additional Creators:
- Andropoulos, Dean B. and Gregory, George A., 1934-
- "The key to the ethical practice of pediatric anesthesia: Treat every child and family with the grace and consideration with which you would want your child and family treated. Here are 7 maxims: 1. Remember that surgery is a big deal. Reminding yourself that this banal case is a lifetime event for the child and family helps you be kind and respectful to the child and family. It boosts your ability to mitigate the production pressure that hurries you to induce anesthesia before the premedication has taken effect, inadequately prepare a nervous adolescent for insertion of an intravenous catheter, or skirt safety guidelines. 2. Meet the needs of the child and family. Focus on process by being patient, calm, flexible and nonjudgmental. Anxious, sleep-deprived parents receiving complicated information may need to hear information several times to understand it or may react strongly to the seemingly unremarkable. Interact with the intent of determining their needs, whether it be the extent of information, the preferences for decision making or the need for reassurance. Respond directly to questions"--
- 9781119371519 electronic publication
1119371511 electronic publication
9781119371526 adobe electronic book
111937152X adobe electronic book
9781119371533 electronic book
1119371538 electronic book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 30865412