东 / 西河制作 ; 出品人周强, 淡勃 ; 监制余力为, 朱炯 ; 导演贾樟柯 = Dong / Xstream Pictures ; executive producer, Chow Keung, Dan Bo ; producer, Yu Likwai, Zhu Jiong ; director, Jia Zhang-Ke.
- Dong / Xi he zhi zuo ; jian zhi Yu Liwei, Zhu Jiong ; dao yan Jia Zhangke = Dong / Xstream Pictures ; producer, Yu Likwai, Zhu Jiong ; director, Jia Zhang-Ke.
- Additional Titles:
- [Brooklyn, New York] : [Distributed by] dGenerate Films, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (71 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Additional Creators:
- Jia, Zhangke, 1970-
Yu, Liwei, 1966-
dGenerate Films (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In Mandarin, Sichuan dialect and Thai with English subtitles.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Liu Xiaodong is well-known for his monumental canvases, particularly those inspired by Chinas Three Gorges Dam project. In DONG, Jia Zhangke visits Liu on the banks of Fengjie, a city about to be swallowed up by the Yangtze River. The area is in the process of being de-constructed by armies of shirtless male workers who form the subject of Liu's paintings. Liu and Jia next travel to Bangkok, where Liu paints Thai sex workers languishing in brothels. The two sets of paintings are united in their subjects' shared sense of malaise in the face of the dehumanizing labor afforded them.
- Title from title frames.
Originally produced by: Xstream Pictures Limited, ©2006; previously released in 2012.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Cinematography, Yu Liwei = Yu Likwai [and 4 others] ; music composer, Lin Qiang = Lim Giong; editor, Kong Jinlei, Zhang Jia.
Cinematography, 余力为 = Yu Likwai [and 4 others] ; music composer, 林强 = Lim Giong; editor, 孔劲蕾, 张佳.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Liu Xiaodong.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 30865848