By his excellency Jonathan Trumbull, Esquire, governor, captain-general, and commander in chief, in and over the state of Connecticut ... A proclamation : ... the thirteenth day of December next, to be set apart and religiously observed as a day of thanksgiving and prayer ... Given under by hand in Lebanon, this twenty-second day of November ... one thousand, seven hundred and eighty-one ...
- Corporate Author:
- Connecticut. Governor (1769-1784 : Trumbull)
- Uniform Title:
- Proclamation (1781 November 22 : Thanksgiving and prayer)
- Additional Titles:
- Prefaced by: Proclamation. Whereas it hath pleased Almighty God ... to assist and support the United States of America in their important struggle for liberty ... It is therefore recommended ... to set apart the thirteenth day of December next ... as a day of thanksgiving and prayer ... Done in Congress this twenty-sixth day of October ... one thousand seven hundred and eighty one ...
- New-London [Conn.] : Printed by Timothy Green, printer to the governor and company, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sheet)
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Continental Congress
- Prefaced by the original October 26th proclamation by the Continental Congress recommending December 13th as a day of thanksgiving and prayer for the success of the army and its allies.
Evans supplies title: By His Excellency Jonathan Trumbull ... A proclamation; and enters under the heading for Connecticut.
Printed area measures 37.6 x 21.8 cm.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans 17123
Johnson, H.A. New London, 1109
View MARC record | catkey: 30865961