Deadly lessons : understanding lethal school violence : case studies of School Violence Committee / Mark H. Moore [and others], editors ; Committee on Law and Justice and Board on Children, Youth, and Families, Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, National Research Council and Institute of Medicine
- Washington, D.C. : National Academy Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 386 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Moore, Mark H., 1947-
National Research Council (U.S.). Case Studies of School Violence Committee
National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Law and Justice
National Research Council (U.S.). Board on Children, Youth, and Families
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- The copycat factor : mental illness, guns, and the shooting incident at Heritage High School, Rockdale County, Georgia / Mercer L. Sullivan and Rob T. Guerette -- Bad things happen in good communities : the rampage shooting in Edinboro, Pennsylvania, and its aftermath / William DeJong, Joel C. Epstein, and Thomas E. Hart -- A deadly partnership : lethal violence in an Arkansas middle school / Cybelle Fox, Wendy D. Roth, and Katherine Newman -- No exit : mental illness, marginality, and school violence in West Paducah, Kentucky / David Harding, Jal Mehta, and Katherine Newman.
Shooting at Tilden High : causes and consequences / John Hagan, Paul Hirschfield, and Carla Shedd -- What did Ian tell God? : school violence in East New York / Mindy Thompson Fullilove ... [et al.] -- Case study methodology and the study of rare events of extreme youth violence : a multilevel framework for discovery / Mercer L. Sullivan and Mindy Thompson Fullilove.
- 0309084121 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available via the World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 3086967