Biopsychosocial assessment in clinical health psychology [electronic resource] / edited by Frank Andrasik, Jeffrey L. Goodie, Alan L. Peterson
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: I. Overview 1. Introduction to Biopsychosocial Assessment in Clinical Health Psychology, Alan L. Peterson, Jeffrey L. Goodie, & Frank Andrasik 2. Fundamentals of Assessment in Clinical Health Psychology, Cynthia D. Belar, & William W. Deardorff 3. Medication Adherence, Howard Leventhal, Danielle E. McCarthy, Elaine A. Leventhal, & Krysten Williams BoldII. Assessment of Health-Risk Behaviors 4. Eating Behaviors/Obesity, Susan Himes, Tovah Yanover, & J. Kevin Thompson 5. Tobacco Use, Alan L. Peterson, Antoinette R. Brundige, & David Houghton 6. Drug Use and Abuse, Deborah L. Haller, Michelle C. Acosta, Howard Newville, & Abigail Herron 7. Alcohol Use, Tony Toneatto & Mekhala Gunaratne 8. Social Support, Merideth D. Smith & Amy Fiske 9. Coping, Lauren M. Penwell-Waines, Kevin T. Larkin, & Jeffrey L. Goodie 10. Physical Activity, Patricia M. Dubbert, Todd A. Smitherman, & Jeanne Gabriele 11. Quality of Life, Jan Passchier & Jan BusschbachIII. Assessment of Clinical Problems 12. Cancer, Tammy A. Schuler, Thomas M. Atkinson, & Errol J. Philip 13. Cardiovascular Disease, Benson Hoffman, Amy Goetzinger, & James A. Blumenthal 14. Chronic Pain, Donald D. McGeary, Robert J. Gatchel, Cindy A. McGeary, & Monica Escamilla 15. Headaches, Dawn C. Buse, Frank Andrasik, & C. Mark Sollars 16. Dental Pain, Alan G. Glaros 17. Diabetes, Linda Gonder-Frederick, Laura K. Campbell, & Jaclyn A. Shepard 18. Gastrointestinal Disorders, Brenda B. Toner & Iman Hussain19. Sleep Disorders, Daniel J. Taylor, Christina S. McCrae, Kenneth L. Lichstein, & Adam D. Bramoweth 20. HIV/AIDS, Anne-Lise C. Smith, Dean G. Cruess, & Seth C. Kalichman IV. Assessment of Special Populations 21. Cultural Concerns, Luz Garcini, Kate Murray, Jessica Barnack-Tavlaris, & Elizabeth A. Klonoff 22. Organ Transplant, Douglas P. Gibson, Kristin Kuntz, Solam Huey, & Mary Ellen Olbrisch 23. Bariatric Surgery, Mary Ellen Olbrisch, Melanie K. Bean, & Karen E. Stewart 24. Pediatrics, Lisa M. Buckloh & Lisa M. Schilling 25. Older Adults, Christine E. Gould, Merideth D. Smith, & Barry A. Edelstein 26. Primary Care, Christopher L. Hunter Author Index Subject Index.
- "Filling a key need, this practical volume provides state-of-the-art approaches and tools for evaluating both health-related behaviors and psychosocial aspects of medical illness. The book begins by presenting a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment framework. Evidence-based strategies are described for assessing such key lifestyle factors as tobacco use, alcohol and other drugs, physical activity, and social support. Behavioral, cognitive, and emotional issues associated with a range of specific medical conditions--including cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic pain, and others--are addressed. Chapters on assessment of specific populations cover pediatric patients, older adults, ethnic/racial minority groups, organ transplant and bariatric surgery patients, and primary care"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781462517732 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 1462517730 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 30870824