Black economic empowerment [electronic resource] : 20 years later, the baby and the bathwater / Phinda Mzwakhe Madi
- Madi, Phinda Mzwakhe
- Randburg : KR Publishing, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- xxxiv, 233 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: why this book? Why now? -- section 1. At the dawn of democracy. The state of black economic disempowerment at the dawn of democracy and the conundrums facing the new government ; One big 'miracle' should beget many others: election euphoria and the post-election hangover ; Exploring avenues for participation ; The three-legged stool of BEE -- section 2. BEE trends in a democratic South Africa. The rise of strange breeds of black entrepreneurs ; SOEs as BEE laboratorites ; The JSE mirage ; The threat of a Mzansi Spring: how real is it? -- section 3. So whereto from here?. Revisiting the groundbreaking work of BEECom ; One hundred black industrialists -- section 4. Prominent voices on BEE by South African business leaders -- section 5. The way forward. Born into black enterprise ; Vuka Uzenzele! Creating and fostering an entrepreneurial culture ; From BEE to BEN.
- 9781869225858 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 30870842