Breaking Murphy's Law [electronic resource]: How Optimists Get What They Want from Life - and Pessimists Can Too
- Segerstrom, Suzanne C.
- New York : Guilford Publications, Incorporated Sept. 2007
- Physical Description:
- 232 p. ill 08.500 x 05.500 in.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation <div><div><div><div><div><p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Pollyannas take heart, pessimists take note: Recent studies on achievement and well-being show that optimistic behavior contributes to better physical health, greater resilience in the face of life’s twists and turns, and more satisfying relationships. As psychologists Suzanne Segerstrom reveals, optimists lay groundwork for the success they envision. While the rest of us worry whether our goals are attainable, those who practice optimism try to achieve theirs.<i>Breaking Murphy’s Law</i>shows you simple ways to develop the skills that natural-born optimists use to get what they want from life. Dr. Segerstrom helps you break free from the inertia of cynicism and self-doubt and encourages you to engage the world around you. “Doing optimism”--by getting involved, working hard, and enjoying your achievements--establishes a positive feedback loop that’s both personally transformative and self-perpetuating. This practical book imparts the lesson with a mix of humor and intelligence that will convince even the most hardened cynics that Murphy got it wrong.</p></div></div></div></div></div>
1593855923 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Trade Guilford Publications, Incorporated
View MARC record | catkey: 30870898