Handbook of emotion regulation [electronic resource] / edited by James J. Gross
- New York : The Guilford Press, 
- Second Edition.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 669 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Gross, James J., Ph. D.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: I. Foundations -- 1. Emotion Regulation: Conceptual and Empirical Foundations, James J. Gross -- II. Biological Bases -- 2. The Neural Bases of Emotion and Emotion Regulation: A Valuation Perspective, Kevin N. Ochsner and James J. Gross -- 3. Temporal Dynamics of Emotion Regulation, Greg Hajcak, Jonathan P. Dunning, Daniel Foti, and Anna Weinberg -- 4. The Neural Basis of Emotion Dysregulation, Tom Johnstone and Henrik Walter -- 5. A Neurobiological Model of Implicit and Explicit Emotion Regulation, Anett Gyurak and Amit Etkin -- III. Cognitive Approaches -- 6. Delay Discounting: A Two-Systems Perspective, Eric M. Miller, Christian Rodriguez, Bokyung Kim, and Samuel M. McClure -- 7. The Role of Emotion and Emotion Regulation in the Ability to Delay Gratification, Anna Luerssen and Ozlem Ayduk -- 8. Emotion Regulation Choice: Theory and Findings, Gal Sheppes -- 9. Emotion Regulation and Decision Making, Alessandro Grecucci and Alan G. Sanfey -- IV. Developmental Considerations -- 10. Self-Regulation, Effortful Control, and Their Socioemotional Correlates, Nancy Eisenberg, Claire Hofer, Michael J. Sulik, and Tracy L. Spinrad -- 11. Socialization of Emotion and Emotion Regulation in the Family, Ross A. Thompson -- 12. Emotion Regulation in Adolescence, Michaela Riediger and Kathrin Klipker -- 13. Emotion Regulation and Aging, Susan Turk Charles and Laura L. Carstensen -- V. Social Aspects -- 14. Social Baseline Theory and the Social Regulation of Emotion, James A. Coan and Erin L. Maresh -- 15. Adult Attachment and Emotion Regulation, Phillip R. Shaver and Mario Mikulincer -- 16. Attitudes, Evaluation, and Emotion Regulation, Christopher R. Jones, Tabitha Kirkland, and William A. Cunningham -- 17. Emotion Regulation in Couples, Robert W. Levenson, Claudia M. Haase, Lian Bloch, Sarah R. Holley, and Benjamin H. Seider -- 18. The Cultural Regulation of Emotions, Batja Mesquita, Jozefien de Leersnyder, and Dustin Albert -- VI. Personality Processes and Individual Differences -- 19. Temperament and Emotion Regulation, Mary K. Rothbart, Brad E. Sheese, and Michael I. Posner -- 20. Three Approaches to Individual Differences in Affect Regulation: Conceptualization, Measures, and Findings, Oliver P. John and Joshua Eng -- 21. Desire and Desire Regulation: Basic Processes and Individual Differences, Wilhelm Hofmann and Hiroki Kotabe -- 22. Emotion Goals: How Their Content, Structure, and Operation Shape Emotion Regulation, Iris B. Mauss and Maya Tamir -- 23. Self-Awareness and Self-Relevant Thought in the Experience and Regulation of Emotion, Mark R. Leary and Dina Gohar -- VII. Psychopathology -- 24. Emotion Regulation in Anxiety Disorders, Laura Campbell-Sills, Kristen Ellard, and David H. Barlow -- 25. Emotion Regulation in Mood Disorders, Jutta Joormann and Matthias Siemer -- 26. Emotion Regulation in Substance Use Disorders, Hedy Kober -- 27. A Psychological Construction Account of Emotion Regulation and Dysregulation: The Role of Situated Conceptualizations, Lisa Feldman Barrett, Christine D. Wilson-Mendenhall, and Lawrence W. Barsalou -- VIII. Interventions -- 28. Emotion Regulation Therapy, Douglas S. Mennin and David M. Fresco -- 29. Dialectical Behavior Therapy: An Intervention for Emotion Dysregulation, Andrada D. Neacsiu, Martin Bohus, and Marsha M. Linehan -- 30. Regulation of Emotion through Modification of Attention, Colin MacLeod and Ben Grafton -- 31. Affect Regulation Training, Matthias Berking and Jeanine Schwarz -- 32. Mindfulness Interventions and Emotion Regulation, Norman A. S. Farb, Adam K. Anderson, Julie A. Irving, and Zindel V. Segal -- IX. Health Implications -- 33. Emotion Regulation and Gene Expression, Steven W. Cole -- 34. Early-Life Socioeconomic Status, Emotion Regulation, and the Biological Mechanisms of Disease across the Lifespan, Edith Chen and Gregory E. Miller -- 35. Emotion Regulation and Cardiovascular Disease Risk, Allison A. Appleton and Laura D. Kubzansky -- 36. Emotion and Self-Regulation Failure, Dylan D. Wagner and Todd F. Heatherton.
- "Reviewing the state of the science in a dynamic, thriving field, this influential handbook integrates knowledge from multiple psychological subdisciplines. Foremost experts address the neurobiological and cognitive bases of emotion regulation and examine how individuals develop and use regulatory strategies across the lifespan. The social context of emotion regulation is explored, as are personality processes and individual differences. Critical implications are discussed for psychopathology, psychosocial interventions, and health. Including helpful cross-referencing among chapters, the volume describes cutting-edge methods and identifies promising directions for future investigation. New to This Edition *Incorporates significant scientific advances and many new topics. *Greatly expanded coverage of clinical issues and applications. *Chapters on neural systems, delay of gratification, decision making, and health. *Chapters on adolescence, social baseline theory, and desire regulation, plus more"-- and "Subject Areas/Keywords: clinical, cognition, cognitive, developmental, disorders, dysregulation, emotion regulation, emotional, emotions, neurobiology, neuroscience, personality, psychology, psychopathology, research, self-regulation, social Description: Reviewing the state of the science in a dynamic, thriving field, this influential handbook integrates knowledge from multiple psychological subdisciplines. Foremost experts address the neurobiological and cognitive bases of emotion regulation and examine how individuals develop and use regulatory strategies across the lifespan. The social context of emotion regulation is explored, as are personality processes and individual differences. Critical implications are discussed for psychopathology, psychosocial interventions, and health. Including helpful cross-referencing among chapters, the volume describes cutting-edge methods and identifies promising directions for future investigation"--
- 9781462503506 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 30872944