Learning Malware Analysis [electronic resource]: Explore the Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Analyze and Investigate Windows Malware
- K A, Monnappa
- Birmingham : Packt Publishing, Limited June 2018
- Physical Description:
- 510 p. 03.640 x 02.950 in.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation Understand malware analysis and its practical implementationKey FeaturesExplore the key concepts of malware analysis and memory forensics using real-world examplesLearn the art of detecting, analyzing, and investigating malware threatsUnderstand adversary tactics and techniquesBook DescriptionMalware analysis and memory forensics are powerful analysis and investigation techniques used in reverse engineering, digital forensics, and incident response. With adversaries becoming sophisticated and carrying out advanced malware attacks on critical infrastructures, data centers, and private and public organizations, detecting, responding to, and investigating such intrusions is critical to information security professionals. Malware analysis and memory forensics have become must-have skills to fight advanced malware, targeted attacks, and security breaches.This book teaches you the concepts, techniques, and tools to understand the behavior and characteristics of malware through malware analysis. It also teaches you techniques to investigate and hunt malware using memory forensics. This book introduces you to the basics of malware analysis, and then gradually progresses into the more advanced concepts of code analysis and memory forensics. It uses real-world malware samples, infected memory images, and visual diagrams to help you gain a better understanding of the subject and to equip you with the skills required to analyze, investigate, and respond to malware-related incidents.What you will learnCreate a safe and isolated lab environment for malware analysisExtract the metadata associated with malwareDetermine malware's interaction with the systemPerform code analysis using IDA Pro and x64dbgReverse-engineer various malware functionalitiesReverse engineer and decode common encoding/encryption algorithmsPerform different code injection and hooking techniquesInvestigate and hunt malware using memory forensicsWho this book is forThis book is for incident responders, cyber-security investigators, system administrators, malware analyst, forensic practitioners, student, or curious security professionals interested in learning malware analysis and memory forensics. Knowledge of programming languages such as C and Python is helpful but is not mandatory. If you have written few lines of code and have a basic understanding of programming concepts, you'll be able to get most out of this book.
- 9781788392501 and 1788392507 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Trade Packt Publishing, Limited
View MARC record | catkey: 30873929