The resilient self [electronic resource] : gender, immigration, and Taiwanese Americans / Chien-Juh Gu.
- Gu, Chien-Juh, 1969-
- New Brunswick, New Jersey : Rutgers University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- vii, 195 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm.
- Asian American studies today
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Immigration, culture, gender, and the self -- Searching for self in the new land -- Negotiating egalitarianism -- Performing Confucian patriarchy -- Fighting for dignity and respect -- Suffering and the resilient self.
- Taiwanese Americans—Social conditions
- Women immigrants—United States—Social conditions
- Women—United States—Identity
- Sex role—United States
- Resilience (Personality trait)
- United States—Emigration and immigration—Psychological aspects
- Taiwan—Emigration and immigration—Psychological aspects
- 9780813586069 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780813586052 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 179-188) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 30878004