Slums [electronic resource] : how informal real estate markets work / edited by Eugenie L. Birch, Shahana Chattaraj, and Susan M. Wachter
- Uniform Title:
- Slums (2016)
- Philadelphia : Penn, University of Pennsylvania Press, 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 241 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Birch, Eugenie Ladner, Wachter, Susan M., and Chattaraj, Shahana
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Urban governance and development of informality in China and India / Arthur Acolin, Shahana Chattaraj, and Susan M. Wachter -- Comparative evidence on urban land-use regulation bureaucracy in developing countries / Paavo Monkkonen and Lucas Ronconi -- Urban land titling : lessons from a natural experiment / Sebastian Galiani and Ernesto Schargrodsky -- The formulation of informal real estate transactions in Rio's favelas / Janice E. Perlman -- Tenure regularization programs in favelas in Brazil / Patricia Cezario Silva and Yvonne Mautner -- Property markets without property rights : Dharavi's informal real estate market / Shahana Chattaraj -- Periurban land markets in the Bangalore region / Sai Balakrishnan -- Rehousing Mumbai : formulizing slum land markets through redevelopment / Vinit Mukhija -- Tenure regularization : process and experiences in Latin America / José Brakarz -- Making a difference in the predominantly informal city / David Gouverneur -- Informal land markets : perspectives for policy / Bish Sanyal.
- 9780812247947 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 195-225) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 30878411